Thursday, October 2, 2008

know what I hate?

Baby talk. What is the deal with women who talk like this??? I have yet to find a man who does it, Thank God. But I mean honestly, it's annoying as hell. It's grating on my ears and makes me want to slap someone. Now, I'm not talking about when you coo at an infant. I'm talking about fully grown adult women. Well, they look adult. Obviously there is something that never quite grew up, eh? I have known many a women in my day that talk like this - sometimes all the time, sometimes only about certain things, and sometimes they just have that high pitched voice that makes me wanna rip their vocal chords out. Those are the worst, because even though they may be incredibly smart, the way they talk makes them sound forever 12. I understand you can't really change the way you speak - I mean you can, transgender folks do it all the time - but unless you have a reason to, it's not something you'd think to do. But maybe we should have classes, huh? Like special trainings that people have to go to. When you have a lisp as a kid, they send you to a speech therapist. Why not have speech therapy for adults who can't snap out of this God awful state? That's all I'm sayin....

No comments:

word on the street is...