Monday, September 22, 2008

what to do with a million dollars

I saw a movie once in which the main character had lost his passion for just about everything. His friend tries to help him out by explaining that once, a counselor in school said, "To find out what you should do for your career...Imagine you had a million dollars - what would you do with it? That's what you should do for a career." The main character calls bull and says something to the effect of, "That can't be true. No one would clean toilets when they had a million dollars in the bank." I've been pondering this for quite some time now. I've been bored for a while, and I keep asking myself what I'd do with a million dollars....All I can think of is travel. So, according to disinterested friend's theory, I should do some sort of traveling for a career?
Well, I also was asked a question once, "If you knew you COULD NOT fail, what would you do?" I thought Culinary School.
I've though about being a teacher, a vet, a musician, a photographer, a cop. I've thought about studying psychology, anthropology, archeology, the arts, world history, music...and basically - all I can come up with is that I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've got this weird feeling of the devil and the angel on my shoulders. One telling me "You're 23. You got time." While the other one says, "You should have gone to college. Now look what you've done." I know I'm young. I do have time. But I also should have gone to college. I'm stuck in this dilemma and it sucks. All my life I've been told I'm a strong girl, I'm persistent, I always pull through, and I know I will. I'll go to school. In my heart, I know I will - it just sucks right now.
Alright. That's all for tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You like blogging too...or writing by another name. So maybe you should look into how to become a writer of travel guides. The next Rick Steves?

~Aaron

Elizabeth said...

Mom has been saying I should work for Rick Steves for about 6 years now. Maybe you guys are on to something!! :)

word on the street is...