Tuesday, September 16, 2008

kickboxing kicks ass

So, I've started kickboxing again, and all I can ask myself is, "Why in God's name did you ever stop?" Of course it's not offical kickboxing. It's a class offered at my gym, so it's like aerobics, but our instructor is a real kickboxer, so she teaches us both Japanese and Thai moves, and incorporates them into our aerobic moves. It's great. Started training again, too, which helps. My schedule is packed again with workouts and trainings, and friends and family who are supportive. Too bad all the really great classes are at the stuck up Bellevue club where people are more worried about how their makeup looks than how their workout is going. And yes, I mean the men too. You know they're all metro. I mean honestly, why not just set up mini treadmills for girls to walk their accessory dogs on?? And why not put mirrors in front of the dudes that just want to watch themselves anyway? I walked in that place, and I swear it was as if more people were looking for dates than looking to get healthy. Are you kidding me?! No wonder I hate Bellevue....

No comments:

word on the street is...